Before ANY designation in Stratus is created you must first:
- Do a thorough research in SL to make sure the designation doesn’t already exist. Remember to search under organizational account & designations
- Use online research tools (ie: Guidestar and/or United Way Online) to vet the agency and find EIN.
- Copy and paste link to the online source in the “Source” column of the Designation Database
Creating the Organizational Account/Payee Account
- Click on Organizational Accounts on the left side of the navigation bar.
- Click ‘New’ at the top of the page.
- Fill in all the contact information you have found for the agency.
- You must have a mailing address & EIN
- Once all your contact information has been entered click ‘Save’ at the top of the page. An account number will automatically generate at the top of the page. Write this number somewhere on your research. If we are ever questioned about this account we may need the account number handy. Also, you will need it for creating the designation in Stratus.